In 2017, NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira (N50,000) each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
Worth of Scholarship: Fifty thousand naira (N50,000) each
Requirements: An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:
“How has the current inflation and its resultant high cost of living in Nigeria, affected the quality of education in Nigeria?”
Application Deadline: 31st May 2017
All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
How to Apply
Interested prospective applicants are advised to download an application form from the link below.Completed application can be submitted with all required documents by pdf or word version to NWAG either electronically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to
P.O. Box 14542,
Atlanta, GA 30324.
Subject line of Email: Name of Applicant & State of Origin, and All Electronic Submissions must be in PDF or Word format
Late and/or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
CLICK HERE to download application form
Important Note: Application process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application